This September 2015 sees the introduction of our new Science Club. Our lunchtime interactive Science Club gives students a safe environment to learn, explore and discover.
Science Club is a great way to spark a child’s interest in learning. Students can question how or why things work and work towards solutions. A mix of fast and furious demonstrations in addition to hands on experiments will take place.
Students will organise and publish our very own ‘Science Newsletter’ on a number of occasions throughout the year.
Science Club Activities will include the following:
• Preparation of Science Demonstrations for Newbridge College Open Night
• Students will take part in hands on experiments, some fast and furious
• Students will take a problem solving approach to some Science challenges
• Science Club will publish a regular Science Newsletter for our school
• Science Club will set up our own link on the Newbridge College website
• Preparation for Irish Science Teachers Association Senior Science Quiz and Junior Science Quiz
Some Science Activities include the following….
1. Slime Making (Non-Newtonian fluid)
2. Rockets (Newton’s Law of Motion and the Bernoulli effect)
3. Elephant Toothpaste ( Exothermic reaction of hydrogen peroxide and potassium iodide)
4. Make our own lava lamp
5. Coke and Mentos Geyser (Force & Nucleation)….and many more!!!
So come along and join us!!
All are welcome!!